Katsina United are not leaving any stone untouched as the club has decided to strengthen its squad ahead of the second stanza of the ongoing NPFL season 2023/2024 with the acquisition of new players, headlined by striker Jonas James from Nigeria National League side.
The unveiling ceremony for James took place at Katsina United’s secretariat on Tuesday, marking the club’s latest addition to its attacking lineup, Footballrover reports.
James plied his trade at the Abia Comets, where he managed to score just one goal in seven appearances during the first half of the campaign.
With his arrival, Katsina United aims to strengthen its attacking department and strive for a respectable finish in the league.
In addition to Jonas James, Katsina United also announced the signings of five other players to fortify various positions within the team:
1. Abiodun Adebayo: A centre-back recruited from the Niger Tornadoes, adding defensive depth to the squad.
2. Jonas Emmanuel: Joining Rangers International, Emmanuel brings his striking abilities to complement the team’s attacking options.
3. Abdullahi Musa Wakili: An attacking midfielder secured from Lobi Stars, expected to provide creativity and playmaking in midfield.
4. Shamsudeen Hashim: Another striker from Lobi Stars, enhancing the team’s firepower in the forward line.
5. Taofeek Ahmed: Completing the lineup, Ahmed joins as yet another striker from Kwara United, offering additional goal-scoring options.
With these strategic signings, Katsina United aims to beef up its squad’s depth and competitiveness as they prepare for the challenges of the upcoming matches in the NPFL season.
The club’s management expressed confidence in the new recruits, emphasising their collective contribution to the team’s objectives and aspirations for success.